Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The River, The Inner Tube and The Tooth...

A few weeks ago, Nick and I took our nephew Alex to the river. What we didn't know was what he had in store for us! You see, Alex is a dare devil of sorts and there is pretty much nothing he won't do.


Photobucket

He loves to ride the inner tube and he likes to go fast and be slung around so that he might get the chance to fall off! So Nick was doing what he asked! Now don't think we go insanely fast because we don't!


Photobucket


We had slung him till we thought he was pretty tired, but come to find out he wanted more. So Nick took him on one more ride. One to many I guess.....Nick went to sling him outside the wave (like he likes it now) and in short, hit a wave and bounced up and came back down and his head hit the tube and he went flying off.

Now to him this was hilarious, but all we could see was the blood pouring out of his mouth.

Then

it

hit

him!

"MY TOOTH!" "WHERE IS MY TOOTH?"

You see, he had a loose tooth and he couldn't wait till it fell out just to see how much money the tooth fairy would bring to him!

We got him in the boat to make sure that he was okay. Yes, he was okay physically, but mentally he was very much disappointed. He just new that the tooth fairy would not come now because he didn't have a tooth to put under his pillow.

Nick worked his magic really quick and told him that the tooth fairy would still come and see him and that he would make sure that she did. You see, Nick's mom works for a dentist and you know that the dentist has connections! LOL!

Even after all of this he still wanted to tube so we let him. He even road on Jeremy's back. He is crazy! But a blast to be around! He always makes me laugh!

Photobucket

So I will leave you with the "after" picture! I think it's so good!
FYI: The tooth fairy did come. He got $20 and now the other front tooth is loose!

Photobucket

3 blessings:

Natalie said...

Wow, the tooth fairy is a whole lot more generous than when I was little. I hesitate what to think the going rate will be when our little boys are tooth-less age. Yikes. I hope gas prices will be down by then. :)

Shaunta said...

I wish THAT tooth fairy would have came to see me when I was a kid. Love the pics! You can tell Alex had a ball!

Deedra said...

I can totally believe Alex wanted to fall off! He's all about "livin' on the edge"!

p.s...next time I'm short on cash you think Nick's mom could hook me up? Surely the tooth fairy still delivers to 30 somethings....as long as there's a tooth under the pillow?

On second thought, never mind. I don't think it would be worth 20$ to know that a strangers tooth was under my pillow! LOL