Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Isaiah 45.........................

A friend of mine asked me these questions this morning, "What do we do now? Do we pray for our nation? Do we pray for Obama?"

My answer to her was YES! Even though we may not agree with the person that was elected president it is our responsibility as Christians to pray. Without prayer I don't know where we would be now. My prayer is that the Lord will burden the hearts of Obama and his new cabinet to lead our country in the direction "HE" wants it to go! All I know is that God is in control. No one else is! As Bro. Luke says, "We pledge our allegiance to the Lord!" Don't get me wrong, I love my country but I know there are better things at stake here.

I was reading another blog this morning, Mocha with Linda , and she gave a scripture reference to Isaiah 45:1-7. So I read it! WOW did it speak to me!

Verse 7 is awesome.

"I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things."

HE IS THE LORD AND THERE IS NO OTHER!

God is the power over all powers, and he anoints whom he chooses for his special tasks. God has a special task for this president.

The notes in my Bible on verse 7 say this, "God is ruler over light and darkness, over prosperity and disaster. Our lives are sprinkled with both types of experiences, and both are needed for us to grow spiritually. When good times come, thank God and use your prosperity for him. When bad times come, don't resent them, but ask what you can learn from this refining experience to make you a better servant of God!"

Oh how I long to be that kind of person!

1 blessings:

sharon said...

I told Nick the same thing. It is my God given responsibility to pray for those who govern our country. Just like in the OT when the children of Israel wanted a King instead of God being their King. God allowed them to have King Saul. Oh boy did he make his mistakes. God allows us to sometimes have our way whether it is His way or not. I don't know what lies ahead in the days to come. BUT! I know with all assurance who holds my future