Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Gift For Baby



The above is a photo of a blessed gift that my 6 year old nephew Alex decided to hand down to our precious baby. I bought these "Muddy Boots" for my oldest nephew Dakota when he was probably 3 years old. My hubby Nick and I bought these because we were all the time taking him riding four wheelers and doing all kinds of things that required "Muddy Boots." So as Dakota got older and grew out of them along came Alex and so they were handed down to him. He thought they were the coolest thing he had ever seen. I really think the reason he liked them was because nobody had to tie them. He could just slide them on. Anyways when he found out that I was pregnant he decided he would hand them down to my baby. If you could have just seen him walk in the door with these little "Muddy Boots" in his hands and tell me he had bought the baby a present. Well--it touched my heart. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen! I just love my nephews. I have so much love for these 2 boys as if they were my own. I can only imagine what I will feel for my own children.

3 blessings:

Anonymous said...

That is just too sweet!!!!! Every little boy (or girl) needs a pair of Mud Boots!

K Tilley

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

just precious...:) i saw Dakota at school...he seems to really love it!

How's Alex doing? :))

Lisa

Deedra said...

How sweet! I can't wait to hear how Alex & Dakota react to your baby. Matthew & Rachel still crack me up! They were soooo excited when Carter was born. I made sure they were among the first to get to hold him!