Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2007

I Can't Believe IT or Can I?

I have to say that I have been impressed with my 6 year old nephew lately. He came home everyday last week and told us he stayed on green and was good everyday. Needless to say I was very surprised, that is until I got a phone call from my sister this afternoon. Turns out Alex came home everyday and lied to us about how good he was being at school. The teacher sent out his conduct report today which told the truth. We were all fooled. :-) I don't know why he lied. Although he did tell me that he was afraid he would be grounded if his momma found out. Well he was right. Who am I to judge? I remember lying to my parents about things when I was younger. I'm not proud of it but I am just as guilty as he is. What makes children do this? No one has lied to him about anything that I know of. And I'm not sure that he knows what lying is? If he didn't, he does now! I guess I have a lot to learn! Maybe I can teach my children not to and just pray that they don't! Kinda makes me glad that I did not report on him sooner on my blog. I would have to print a retraction! HE HE!

1 blessings:

Anonymous said...

that is too funny but what is even more funny is that YOU believed him. LOL Hayden always stutters(spell?) when he is not telling the truth.

K Tilley