Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another Prayer Answered By God..........

As many of you know I am pregnant and I am anxiously awaiting the ultrasound next week to see if we are having a girl or a boy! But I have to tell you I got a little scared about being pregnant lately. There is a couple in our church who has a 6 week old precious baby girl named Emma. This past week they found a mass on her leg and took her to the doctor who immediately prepared them for the worst. They used the "c" word. The scariest word in the world!! They thought that this little baby girl had cancer. Now, I know what it is like to have someone tell me that my mom has cancer but I cannot imagine them telling me my precious baby has cancer. You immediately think the worst! Well I have to tell you that I have felt a little guilty lately about my pregnancy as a whole because it has been soooo easy for me. No sickness, no nothing. Easy as pie. Yet there are others who have to go through so much to have a child. My sweet hubby Nick keeps telling me that it is a true blessing that I have had it this easy. Yes......I know that but I can't help feeling a bit guilty. Last Sunday our church prayed as a whole body that this baby be healed and I just have to tell you that I have never in my life felt as though I knew Miss Emma would be healed of this. I have prayed sooooo much for her because I cannot imagine what treatment for someone so little would be like. Tonight during our Dave Ramsey class my mom called to tell me that Miss Emma does not, and I repeat DOES NOT, have cancer. I cannot tell you how I felt when I heard those words. Of course I had to finish class first but on my way home there was a praise fest in my car. GOD IS SOOOOOO GREAT! There is absolutely nothing He cannot do!!!

2 blessings:

Brooke said...

I hear ya on the praise fest! I wanted to get down on the floor of that fellowship hall and SHOUT and give praise to God!!! It was all I could do to pay attention to what Dave Ramsey had to say without thinking "How awesome is our God!!!"

Deedra said...

What a wonderful God we serve!! I had the pleasure of receiving a call from Grandma Deborah who as you might imagine was sobbing with joy, and that call was a blessing in itself. My husband and child were both staring at me while I praised the Lord into the phone!

As for the guilt, don't do that to yourself. As someone who has had the difficulties, let me tell you. The worry and sickness that you feel when you are pregnant, or trying to get pregnant don't begin to hold a candle to the challenge of being a mother. SO, consider youself blessed thus far and use this time to REST not feel guilty. Trust me,...you are going to need every ounce of energy you can manage to save up for the first 2 weeks!