Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 21, 2007

It's a What?????????????????

First of all I just have to say that I knew that I was having a boy. Most ladies that I have talked to say that they dream of what sex their baby will be and I have to say that it is true. While I have only had 1 dream about my baby I still believe it was the Lord telling me what it is. Of course Nick will have to tell you that he thought it was a girl. He was going off of old wives tales and other things. Apparently I am not the ordinary pregnant lady.

When Dr. Pegram started the sonogram yesterday I could already tell that it was a boy. Nick still thought it was a girl up till the point the Dr. told us otherwise. The doctor had to check all different kinds of measurements so it took a little while for him to get to what sex it was. Apparently my child likes to show his tooshie and I mean a lot. My Dr. said that he has never seen one that would just shove its tooshie like that at the camera. I told the Dr. he must be just like his Daddy, he likes to show his butt. HEHEHEHE. There is not doubt it is a boy. So I do not think we will be getting any surprises at the birth of my baby.

Although my hubby did confiscate my cell phone,(he actually left it at home!!) he took me out to eat afterwards for a nice supper. So I don't guess it was too bad. :-) We had to go to Wal-Mart for a few items and low and behold Nick's sister and her husband just so happened to be there. Of course we ran in to them and Lacey followed me around saying stuff like,"Just say g or b." or " Pink or blue." Nick did not want to tell anyone until we told his parents. So I told Lacey that all I knew for her to do was to be at her mom's house when we got there. We had to drop some groceries off at our house before we went there. I had time to grab my phone and call my Dad and tell him. He said,"You fooled us all. We thought it was a girl." By then Lacey had made it to her mom's and was there waiting to here the news with her parents. They were all a bit surprised. They all thought it was a girl even though Nick's dad said he thought it was a boy.

We then went to my mother's house where my 2 sisters and 2 nephews were waiting anxiously for us to get there. I took a poll of what they thought it was. Alex said girl. Dakota said boy. NooNoo, Vickie and my mother all said girl. I just looked at Dakota and said,"Looks like your the only one who got it right." He said, "I knew it. I'm not stupid." Alex has been telling me from the beginning that he thought it was a girl and that we should name her Alexandria. I think he wanted it named after him.?.?. Then I just had to start calling and texting everybody I knew and tell them. Needless to say Nick was sick and tired of my cell phone come the end of the day. I told him it was important news. I had to spread it.

I did not get a great shot of him. But the Dr. did print one of his face up close. So I hope you can make it out. You can already tell he has his Daddy's chin. :-)



This is Andrew Thomas

4 blessings:

Brooke said...

Well I think I've made out the face in the picture...?? It's like looking at one of those pictures that is one thing and if you look hard enough its something else!HAHAHA
So will it me Andy, Drew, or strictly Andrew??

Brooke said...

I meant will it BE Andy, Drew, or strictly Andrew? HAHAHA not "me" Don't pay any attention to me...I'm a dork!!
Oh, When I came to pick up Jack from the nursery today Deedra looked surprised and said "You came back for him!" LOL

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I do believe Brooke has hijacked your comments...she ain't right!

We are so happy for you and Nick...however, judging by my #3, I think I'll keep my parenting advice for boys to myself..:))

Lisa

Deedra said...

I think Nick was bluffing you the whole time. I proceeded to shame him at church the night before and either he didn't want to hear it from me, or he really was gonna let you tell from the beginning!

My family is dying to know what we are having! Last time everyone predicted a girl. I haven't heard any predictions this time. Hopefully we'll find out in a few weeks!

p.s...I love the name Andrew Thomas!