Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do You Remember???????

I remember sitting in the parking lot at the Pharmacy that I work at listening to the radio. I recall hearing one man say that a plane had hit one of the World Trade Center buildings and that it had more than likely been an accident. I went in the store and started my day and at that time we did not have a television in the store. That day I wished we had one. Although to watch replays of that day I am glad I did not.

As the day went on, my bosses wife called and told us that the other tower had been hit and that the Pentagon had also been hit. I was afraid to answer the phone after that because I just knew something worse was on the horizon.

She called and updated us when the towers fell and also to tell us of the plane that crashed in a field full of what I believe were heroes! They saved alot more lives by trying to take the plane back.

What I remember most about this time in my life was how our whole country as a whole came together and were united for the first time in what seemed like a while. My sister and I tied red, white, and blue ribbons to our car antenna to show our support for the families that had lost their loved ones. I will never forget how many American flags that I saw flying from cars and other places. Where is that unity now?

I have been there. Or atleast by there. It gives such a feeling of grief when you see it. I was in a van taxi on my way to a cruise ship. I was fortunate to get to take a small fast tour of New York on my way there. So I was blessed just to have been by there. Here is the photo I got as we passed by there.

Photobucket Image Hosting

So today in honor of those who lost their lives this day, 7 years ago, I just want to say....I will never forget!

Here's another photo that I took on that trip! It's a wonderful symbol of our country!

Photobucket

May God continue to bless America and all of those who lost loved ones on 9/11.

2 blessings:

Natalie said...

I can recall where I was at the exact time it happened. Great post of rememberance.

PS- I love your new layout!

Anonymous said...

Like you, I will never forget. I found myself standing in our bank lobby this morning in the exact spot I was standing as I watched the second plane fly into the second tower. I will never forget the look on Mr. Broyles face. We couldn't believe what we were seeing and we both knew at that moment our lives would never be the same.

Noo