Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 12, 2008

I Hope You Got Gas Yesterday.........

I had no clue that anything was going on in my wee little town until my Mother calls me and tells me that I probably need to go fill up my gas tank. Yes, I knew that there was a hurricane on its way to Houston and yes I knew it would be bad but never had it crossed my mind that I might need to go and fill my gas tank. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...is all I have to say!

Not even when Katrina was coming did I fill my tank with gas nor did the wee little town that I lived in. I have never in my life time saw anything like I saw yesterday!

After my Mother told me to go to the gas station,(there is only 1 in my wee little town), I got my son in the car and off we went. I thought to myself....Self, there is no way there will be a line so this should be way easy!

Boy......

Was......

I........

Wrong....!!!!!!!!!

I have never saw so many cars at a gas station in my life! I would say about 80 people were in line. So I just drove on by and headed to my Grandmothers house where my parents were. I griped a little....well alot about how ridiculous this was and that I should have just stayed home and saved my gas. BUT I NEEDED GAS!!!!

So I left my son with my parents and headed back towards the 1 station that was around. Well.........I drove right by it and headed for the next little town with 2 stations.

Yes....there was a line there too but not as bad as what I had already saw! Only the price was 40 cents higher. Atleast that's what the sign said. Thank goodness I only paid 2 cents more than my wee little town had it for. So yes I filled my tank and I hope I won't have to do it again for a long while!

So on my way back home I was behind what I still believe was the devil trying my patience because he was driving 35 and the speed limit was 55! HELLO! Then I look in my rear view mirror and a guy on a motorcycle was riding my bumper. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Again!

As I was finally able to get back to my town following the slow poke, who by the way was talking on his cell phone, decided he needed gas and just slammed on his brakes and turned into the gas station where there were probably 100 cars now. He did not use a blinker and I was lucky I didn't hit him. And I am lucky the guy on the motorcycle didn't hit me because when I looked up I swear he was sitting on the trunk of my car!

Anyways, I am just glad that the good Lord was watching over me and let me get home safely! I know I shouldn't gripe but I am sure there are others who might have had more fun than me yesterday!

So Happy Weekend To You All!!!!

1 blessings:

K. Tilley said...

I was also amazed at the lines at the pumps yesterday. I drove on past because I had made up my mind that I would sit at home all week-end before I would pay $5 for a gallon of gas.

I HAD to go somewhere this morning and low and behold, gas was still $3.57 a gallon so I pulled in and filled up!

Now, by Monday, gas, just may be 5bucks per gallon......have mercy on up all!