Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

BOO HOO.......Back to Work........

I go back to work tomorrow! :-( I can't believe 8 weeks of maternity leave have already disappeared. Boy how time flies these days. Andrew is now seven weeks old. I can't believe just how much God has truly blessed my family and I. I keep thinking about how I almost lost Andrew and how the Lord gave me enough knowledge to know that something was wrong with him. I don't talk about it much because it scares me think about how close I actually came.

After Andrew was born Nick and I were left alone with him so I could start breastfeeding him. Once he was done I noticed that he didn't seem quite right. He began to gasp for air. He wasn't choking or anything like that. So I told Nick to go find someone. A nurse came into the room and took him. She bolted out of the room and ran to the nursery where she noticed under the blankets he was wrapped in that he was turning blue. Apparently his temperature had dropped so low that it caused him to do this. So His first night here he spent in the nursery under an oxygen hood. Talk about scary.

So I find myself truly blessed and very thankful that the Lord was and still is watching over my family everyday. I will NEVER be able to thank him enough for what he did that day. -----Thank you Lord for everything! God is sooooooooo good!

3 blessings:

K. Tilley said...

Hope your first day back at work went well.

Some mothers are meant to stay at home with their kids and others are not......I'm not a stay at home mom....that would drive me crazy and therefore I would not do good at mothering.

Good Luck

Judith said...

I knew from text messages I was getting from your sister in law something was wrong. Just know that Aunt J. and Uncle T. were praying for you and your family that night putting ourselves in the place of your little ones grandparents and asking God for his healing. He is precious and he so belongs to the L. side of the family.

Deedra said...

I hope your first days back to work have flown by! I know it has to help knowing that Andrew is staying with family who love him almost as much as you do!

Wow! What a scary experience that had to be! You're right! God is so good!!