Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thankful for Poop......YES POOP......

First of all let me just say that I am sooooo thankful for my precious baby boy Andrew! I have never experienced anything like motherhood before ! I thought helping raise my nephews prepared me for raising my own child......boy was I wrong! I thank God everyday for giving Nick and I a chance to be parents! He is such a wonderful baby! I couldn't ask for a better baby! He sleeps good, eats good, well.........he does everything good! I am the type of mother that wants to know if I am doing everything right. So if you have been around my house lately you would notice all the books lying around that I read and also the computer on because I constantly find something to read that makes me think I am doing a good job as a mother. Come to find out you can't learn everything from books and computers. Sometimes you just have to go with your instinct. Well I am so stupid because I find myself doubting my instincts. Like whether or not I am feeding Andrew enough, (by the way he eats like a pig) or pees and poops enough!
Because I was not able to breastfeed any longer that 3 weeks, I had to swap Andrew to formula which meant less poopy diapers. And you know that if you breastfed your babies, baby pooped MANY times daily. Well now that Andrew is on formula he poops once every 2 days. So I found myself panicing because I just knew that he was constipated.......(are you grossed out yet?).....because I had read so many books! Well tell you what I did........

I turned it over to the Lord and I just have to say that everything is fine now with me and I can say that I am honestly thankful for POOP!!!!!!!!! I don't think I will ever get tired of changing poopy diapers! (Ask me that a few months down the road!) Andrew is happy and healthy and I just have to say that I am truly blessed!

I hope you find yourself truly blessed today! Whether it's because of a stupid thing like poop or something quite larger like waking up today! May the Lord bless each of you today!

"Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord." Jeremiah 17:7

5 blessings:

Rita Loca said...

My daughter has two little ones and it seems she posts a lot about poop as well!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

lol...oh, melissa..it's just begun.

once when sawyer was a baby he didn't poop for 8 solid days and he DID nurse. he decided to let it all go at church one sunday morning and it was literally from his neck to the backs of his ankles. i remember every day just praying today would be the big day!

now i gripe him out for leaving the bathroom door open and fragrancing the whole house...LOL

Love you!! I know there were a lot of glad boys to see you tonight! :)

Lisa

Deedra said...

I don't think doubting your instincts is stupid at all. I think it's perfectly normal! Especially in the first few months. There were days(and still are sometimes!) when I accomplished nothing at all other than keeping Carter alive. I'm totally impressed that you have time to read! You go girl!

Carrie said...

I had the post pardom blues like REAL BAD with the first one.... Trust yourself....Mom's know best!!
Glad your better. You are doing a great job!

K. Tilley said...

1-800-marcella

Keep it on speed dial.

Happy Valentine's Day.....