Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day..............................

Well............................I honestly have to tell you that my first Mother's Day did not go so well! First of all, my hubby has been on night shift at the water plant and he was in the bed all day long, so we barely got to see each other.

Then, I had to get Andrew and myself ready for church. Which is no easy task anymore! Of course, Andrew didn't want to cooperate. But he did not sleep good the night before because of the storms that came through. I thought all would go well when we went to church because Andrew finally decided to take a nap. But................................he woke up when we got there and was okay for a little bit, but it was eating time. This was when he decided to start crying. My Mom took him to the nursery to feed him and you could hear him crying in there. I felt horrible.

Well...................we got home and got to spend some time with hubby before he went to work again. We had already made plans to go to Noo Noo's house to eat for my Dads birthday and to celebrate Mother's Day. To tell you the truth, I really wanted to stay at home because I was afraid Andrew might pitch another good one. But, I wanted to go and spend some time with my family. So we ventured out again.

He was fine.........................

He ate.....

He played.........

the norm..............

and then....................

he decided he was happy no more!! He cried for almost an hour! YES and hour! I had no clue what to do. Mr. Ducky was there and he couldn't help either. I was so afraid something was wrong that I sat down in the floor and cried with him. (in the bedroom with the door shut :-))
I was at a loss as to what to do. So I laid him down on the bed and he cried a little bit longer and he went to sleep.

We got ready to go home and I put him in his car seat and loaded him in the car and off we went. He slept all the way home and quite a while at home. He awoke just as it was bath time. I gave him a bath fed him and he went right back to sleep and slept till this morning. (bless his heart!)

So......I guess I just need to realize that babies have their good days and bad ones. But it breaks my heart when he cries. He hasn't done anything like this since he has been here.

Well...............enough of my Mother's Day.........BLAH BLAH BLAH.........I hope you all had a wonderful day! It had to have been better than mine.....although I look at my day and realize it probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was!!!

1 blessings:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that your first Mother's Day wasn't perfect but I want you to know that I think you are a wonderful mother. Andrew will never wonder if he is loved. All he will have to do is see the way you look at him.

I'm sorry that you didn't feel like coming to my house. I am glad that you came anyway. Somebody had to help me eat that strawberry pizza!!!

Love you.................NooNoo