Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

*All About My Nephews*

I love my nephews with all my heart. They should have been my kids. :) Dakota is 9 and Alex is 6. My family and I used to think that Dakota would always be the one who got in trouble all of the time,(don't get me wrong, he still gets in trouble sometimes) but as they say "God broke the mold when He made Alex." He may be only 6 and one of the cutest kids on earth, but man can he get in trouble. He started kindergarten this year and the first week of school he got 2 paddleings from the principle. Yes, 2 the first week of school!! One was for hiding under the teachers desk and not coming out from under it. I still laugh when I think about it. Those of you who know him, know that he is one tough puppy! We call him Spiderman because he can climb up the front of the refrigerator with no help. He is so strong just to be 6. Anyways, school is about to be finished and he is up to a grand total of 25 paddleings. Yes, 25!!!!! I think he might have the world record! :) He gets them for not minding. That is all. His excuse is: "I don't know how to mind" or "It's to hard to mind." Yes he does know how to mind. I don't have a problem with him minding at my house. You think the teachers would try something else besides giving him a paddleing. Obviously it is not working!! He also has a hard time staying in his seat. Do you know what his teacher does to 'try' and keep him in his seat? She puts a hula hoop around his desk. Guess what? It doesn't work either. I feel sorry for his teacher. She will probably be glad when goes to first grade!! My hubby Nick says he is too funny to get on to. I told him to wait until we have kids, they may be worse! I'll leave you with a photo of my dear nephew Alex, again. You tell me if he looks like a kid who gets 25 swats in one year at school. May I remind you that school is not out yet!! :)

3 blessings:

Unknown said...

Well he is a doll with lots of potential! I can't believe there are still schools that allow paddling! Is it private school? I went to Christian school and got 3 swats at the end of 8th grad and I didn't get to go on the end of the year trip to a campgrounds due to my pile of demarits! I took the 3 swats as a choice of not returning to school 3 extra days after vacation began.

Hey, your nephew sounds like the perfect candidate for Homeschooling!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

how could anyone paddle that baby?? :))

and do you think v would want to homeschool??? hahaahaha

Deedra said...

25? Wow! Poor kid! He's just trying to have fun! Although, I can relate to the teacher having to get him out from under her desk. I had to climb under the piano in the closet in Awana one night to get him out. He was so funny. I said, If you don't come out, I'm gonna get your grandma or Melissa...he said, We can't all fit under here...lol...he is adorable!